15/52

"A portrait of my child, once a week, every week, in 2013."

Lu: Ahhh you are 2 months old! Remember THIS PHOTO?! My how that Teddy Bear has shrunk. At 2 months old you weigh 10lbs, 2oz and are almost 23 inches long. The most common question people ask us is "how is she/you sleeping?" You sleep extraordinarily well. Doing your nights as they say. We feel very grateful and hope it continues! The most common exclamation people make when they meet you is "look at that hair!" Your hair just keeps getting thicker and thicker and it's pretty awesome. Your eyebrows are very expressive. You make the cutest faces and smiles at us now, you coo to yourself at random times during the day. You love, LOVE when we stand you up to look around. You make this face of 'oh-look-at-me-I'm-so-accomplished-the-way-I-can-stand-and-puff-my-chest'. It's so cute. You're so cute. See: photos below (I-can't-stop-taking-photos-of-everything-you-do). 

I didn't have much time to look at others' portraits this week, but so glad to have stumbled upon Malt Memories. Such beautiful photos and life and baby girl. My mind immediately goes to an older Lucy and the way I hope to continue capturing her. She is growing SO quickly, I want to freeze time. And yet, I'm so excited for her to sit-up, to crawl and walk and run. And what her first word will be and what it will feel like to have our first conversation together. I really, really love being her mama. 




5 comments:

  1. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. Gorgeous photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! My daughter's five and a half months and I feel the same way. I can't wait to watch her grow but at the same time I want to freeze her exactly how she is right now. She's already sitting up and has two teeth and although every new stage is exciting, it's also a little bit sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE! They grow so fast, my not so teeny baby's fast approaching eight months but this stage feels like just yesterday... x

    ReplyDelete